Overview of Stories for Kids
Education starts from the cradle and reading is an important part of a childs early education. Stories for Kids is an APn-led initiative which has one simple aim: build a library of childrens stories in Pashto and Dari by translating from other languages. The project would benefit children living in Afghanistan and abroad: while these written stories will help encourage a culture of literacy in Afghanistan, they can also be used to help teach children in the diaspora their mother tongue.
Examples of stories translated so far
Translation to Pashto
- Beauty and the Beast (Pashto translation by Javid Hamdard)
- Little Hen and the Grains of Wheat (Pashto translation by Solamal Shinwari)
- Dolls Play (Pashto translation by Safia Popalzai)
- The Smart Hat (Pashto translation by Safia Popalzai)
- Hero of the Mountain (Pashto translation by Fazalrabi Shirzad)
- Everything for a Reason (Pashto translation by M. Asim Shafiqi)
Translation to Dari
- Hero of the Mountain (Dari translation by Massoumeh Khakpour & Maral Rahimi)
- In Open Sea (Dari translation by Farhad Gharlegi)
- Princess and Evil (Dari translation by Javid Hamdard)
- The Lion and the Mouse (Dari translation by Jamshid Hashimi)
Follow Stories for Kids
You can follow the Stores for Kids Facebook page for the latest updates.
Submit a story
You can email your translated stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stories for Kids Team